Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Aug 90 18:07:21 O
>If  a site  is using  DIST2 to  distribute listserv  mail, is  there any
>advantage to PEERing a list on that site?

It depends: if  you are keeping archives for the  list, it can definitely
be an  advantage to have  several sites supplying  them. If you  have 250
users on the  list, it can be  advantageous to peer the list  in order to
decrease the CPU time burnt on your  machine (at the expense of the other
sites). If  you have a  DISTRIBUTE bottleneck  between your site  and the
projected peer,  it can  also save  the readers  behind the  bottleneck a
couple dozen hours to have a peer. Otherwise, I don't suppose you'll want
to bother.

  Eric