Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 21 Feb 1987 15:16 SET
  There will  be a new  command on  release 1.5i, SET  listname REPro|NOREPro,
which will  allow any subscriber  to request a  copy of his  own subscriptions
being sent back to him as the  old BITNIC-LISTSERV did. I am not interested in
philosophical problems such as "should there be an option settable by the list
manager to disable the use of that nasty feature": there seem to be a minority
of people who  really want a copy  of their original subscriptions  back and I
think  they have  right to  request it,  PROVIDED that  they stop  plaguing my
reader with complaints :-) People who are  NOT subscribed to the list will NOT
get  any copy  back, and  I do  NOT plan  to implemented  a Repro=  keyword or
suchlike since the old BITNIC LISTSERV would not have sent back a copy in that
case.  I only  wanted to  provide some  kind of  'upwards compatibility',  but
that's all.

  Now awaiting complaints  from those of you who think  this will increase the
network file queues and I should never have implemented it...

  Eric