Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:36:38 -0600
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:44:46 -0400, Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I'm trying to use the pwc command, but it complains about the password I
>supply. Yes, it is the creatpw- I use it all the time to create lists.
>This must be an obvious error, but I can't figure it out.

Are you attempting this via WWW interface?  If so, PWC commands (actually any
command that requires the CREATEPW, such as STOP) cannot be issued via the WWW
interface for security reasons.  Submit by email only.

Otherwise, there must be something wrong with your syntax, or your "helpful"
mail client may be wrapping an over-long command line (and thus destroying the
command syntax).  specific examples (of exact syntax/command string length and
with obscured passwords of course) would aid in diagnosis.