Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:19:20 -0500
> Thanks Liam, that recompile has gotten me over the hump. Listserv has
> started up and returns the proper response when I send the 'RELEASE'
> command.

Good.  I assume you've also made sure that lsv is linked to the unixODBC
libraries, but lsv_amin is not.

> My follow-up question: I have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in go.user, what
> parts of listserv will fail (where will I run into problems) without
> those paths set globally or in the ENV of the listserv user?

You should be fine.  Of the binaries used by LISTSERV, only lsv needs to
be linked to the ODBC libraries in order to use the database interface,
and its environment is set by go.user.  The other binaries (lsv_amin, wa,
jobview, listview) don't access the database libraries and don't need to
be linked to them.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Interested in other L-Soft products?  See what else we have
to offer here <http://www.lsoft.com/products/products.asp>