Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:55:43 -0700
Help, please.  Running 1.8b under VM on old IBM mainframe.

Machine was IPLed on Thurs nite, and since then LISTSERV doesn't run.  553
msgs are LISTSERVs Reader List.  Have been queueing there since the IPL.

You reboot LISTSERV, and if send msg to it when connected, no response.
The TELL command gets to the LISTSERV account, but nothing happens.

If you change it to disconnected, then say TELL LISTSERV HELP

you get

HCPMSG057I LISTSERV not receiving; disconnected
Ready(00057);

We have no mainframe person....he quit.  There is a "consultant" but he
knows nothing about LISTSERV.  I know LISTSERV pretty well, but not the
mainframe details.

clues, please.

Yes, we're not current on maintenance and such.  But if we can't get this
fixed I'll never be able to convince them to spring for the ten grand to
get us caught up and moved to unix this semester.

HELP!!!!

dan

Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  (check out our 1997 holiday letter)

http://library.idbsu.edu/   http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/ http://www.lili.org/
Sent me a postcard of a library yet?  You'll get something nice in return.