Nick Gimbrone <NJG@CORNELLA>
Mon, 01 Dec 86 12:59:51 EST
>- Card is ok, better than Netdata, *but* it's not an IBM standard format, there
>  is no documentation on  the format (nor is there any  about Netdata, I know),
>  and, last  but not least, it  tends to dump  a file by *blocks*  not records.
This is how it gets its speed over other any other program that I know
of for doing what it does.

>  This is ok except  that the garbage at the end of the  last block of the file
>  gets transferred  along with the rest.  You have typically 3-5  lines garbage
>  at the end of the card deck...
I've never observed more than the remainder of the last 80 col record
being filled out w/ whatever garbage happened be in the buffer (yes,
this does appear to be somewhat of a security exposure that should
be fixed, if anyone does a mod before we get to it feel free to
forward it to me). Thus this would be 0-79 'extra' bytes that should
be blanked, but no extra lines in the file.