Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:01:35 -0400
> Could someone in your local LAN have a virus thats trying to spread
> spam?  or itself?

Nothing so evil as that, I think.  You've probably got someone subscribed
to one or more lists under those domains (localhost.ultrarpm.com and
localhost.fabulous.com), or they've sent a subscription request and
LISTSERV is sending back a confirmation.  Both resolve in DNS to
127.0.0.1, so LSMTP sends the message back to itself.  Scan your lists to
remove any subscribers from those domains, and configure a route in LSMTP
to reject mail for those domains.  You could also use
TRAPIN/TRAPOUT/FILTER_ALSO to keep LISTSERV from responding to messages
from those domains.

Note that HDMail doesn't exhibit this behavior -- it automatically rejects
any MX that would cause a local loop, unless configured to do otherwise.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

All of our manuals are available for download at
     <http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp>