Gilles Frydman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 00:01:17 -0500
On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Stan Ryckman wrote:

> However, Message-Id: is stripped.  I don't like that.  Besides,
> both Message-Id: and Received: headers have their uses (tracing
> spam, identifying trouble spots, etc.), and I really would prefer
> to have them.  (I haven't looked in great detail to see what
> else might be different.)

If the web archiving of the list is done by anything else than LSoft WWW
interface it is fundamental to keep the message ID's. They are at the
center of the mechanism creating threads for hypermail and some other system.
I don't know how Eric Thomas has coded his program but I would be
surprised if it worked entirely without them.

Gilles Frydman
The Oncology Mailing Lists Center
http://www.medinfo.org