Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:59:52 -0400
The topic of spam complaints about list messages came up on the LSTOWN-L list
today, and one of the responses made an oblique reference to the
SPAM_FEEDBACK_PROBE feature.  While checking to see when this feature was
introduced, I was reminded of an earlier thread (appended below) on the LSTSRV-L
list.  I wonder whether Eric has decided how to address the possibility of a
potentially very large SPAM_FEEDBACK_PROBE domain list?

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team

On 1/14/2010 15:30, Paul Russell wrote:
> In September 2009, AOL begin providing MX service and hosting mailboxes for
> nearly 300 vanity domains owned by mail.com.  Current mail.com domains are
> listed below.
>
> Earlier today, I created a test account in one of the mail.com vanity domains,
> sent a test message to my new address, then clicked the "spam" button in the
> mail.com webmail interface to report my test message as spam.  Within seconds, a
> standard AOL spam complaint was delivered to our AOL feedback loop address.
>
> If you host lists with multiple subscribers in any of these domains, you may
> want to add the relevant domain(s) to the SPAM_FEEDBACK_PROBE in your site
> configuration file.
>
> --- begin ---

(List redacted for brevity; see
<http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1001&L=LSTSRV-L&F=&P=9773>.