Jose Maria Blasco <JMBLASCO@DEARN>
Fri, 29 Jan 88 20:55:44 CET
>I think lists on LISTSERV@DEARN should  be EXPLODEd ASAP. Not only that DEARN
>is  now "near  the end"  but also  the links  on the  way are  very unstable.
>Christian

I would  wait some weeks  before doing anything.  A 9.6 Kb  line FRMOP22-DEARN
will be installed  next month, and a bit  later it will be upgraded  to 64 Kb.
The CEARN  link will  also probably  be moved here.  DDAGSI1 will  be directly
connected, as other German  BSC lines. I don't think that  users will be happy
if we change their hosts now and they have to be changed again next month. And
VERS8801 does  not reflect the recent  routing changes, so that  EXPLODE would
not work properly anyway.  What should be done is to put  a backbone server in
DDAGSI1  for DISTRIBUTE  -- right  now  most distribute  jobs do  a nice  trip
CEARN-DDAGSI1-DBNGMD21-DEARN-DBNGMD21-DDAGSI1-somewhere else :-( DBNGMD21 will
be  suppressed soon,  but  it's  still stupid  to  have  this double  traffic,
especially on a line which will be quite loaded.

Jose Maria