Jim McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Jun 1993 18:32:30 GMT
In <[log in to unmask]> Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Interesting... However, before I make any  change to the code I need some
>sort  of formal  assurance  that these  tags are  indeed  present in  all
>(conformant)  usenet messages,  and are  not part  of any  current RFC822
>extension.  In fact,  I  am  pretty sure  I  have  seen messages  without
>'Supersedes:' or  'Archive-Name:' (I  understand you were  addressing the
>particular problems  of FAQ, but I'd  like a solution that  works for all
>usenet messages, rather than just FAQ files).

I can only think of one tag which would generally indicate a Usenet
post, and that is "Path:". All the other tags are regularly found in
e-mail, or else they are not required to be in Usenet posts.

Jim McIntosh ([log in to unmask])
The American University
Washington, DC USA 20016-8019