Michael Sailer <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:48:30 -0400
Hello,

I am having some basic problems with installing listserv. My directory
structure is as follows:

/home/sites/home/users/listserv

I have extracted the files into /home/tmp

I type make mailer and get the following:

'akefile:171: warning: overriding commands for target
`/home/sites/users/listserv
'akefile:162: warning: ignoring old commands for target
`/home/sites/users/listserv
/home'le:175: warning: overriding commands for target
`/home/sites/users/listserv
/home'le:162: warning: ignoring old commands for target
`/home/sites/users/listserv
/go.user'.  Stop.me/sites/home/users/listserv/users/listserv

Have I missed any steps? I am just getting those error messages and nothing
is happening.

The only change I have made is in the Makefile where I changed the line:

LSVROOT=/home/sites/site1

Is this the correct directory where I should have put the temp files in
/home/tmp ?
Is that the correct directory where I should have the makefile LSVROOT
pointing?

I have also created a user as indicated /home/sites/home/users/listserv

The system is a Sun Cobalt RaQ 3 with Linux/Cobalt OS 5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike Sailer