CCMRG@BOSTONU
Wed, 14 Oct 87 14:31:27 EDT
And as I have already said 5 times, I am not looking for a global solution -
just a local one. What I have done, and I know others are doing, is using
various software packages to get to other networks. When it comes to mail,
all outgoing bitnet mail is centralized to one mailer, in my case
the Crosswell Mailer. However, due to personal taste and considerations
of flexibility within a local area network, we have elected to not direct
local host mail to the Crosswell Mailer so that mail can be transmitted
with lrecl>80. So, I am not looking for a world-wide solution - I agree
with you 1000% that that is stupid - yet another file to maintain!

So, I put the question once again. Is it possible to put in LOCAL alternate
mailer support?

As to rejection messages - I thought the question was when all the nice
error messages started to be generated by listserv - I am currently
running release 1.5L and have received some very nice and friendly
and semi-longwinded error messages. If I am incorrect in understanding
the question to begin with - well I apologize.

            - Michael Gettes, Boston University