Jose Maria Blasco Comellas <ZCCBJBC@EB0UB011>
Sun, 24 May 87 22:58:36 HOE
Henry Nussbacher <HANK@BARILVM> has found a little bug in REXXCOMP EXEC. A fix
is installed on the EB0UB011 server.

I've received several complaints about my setting REXXCOMP PACKAGE to GET=NAD.
Since it  seems that  other postmasters  have set it  to GET=ALL,  my decision
obviously creates more network traffic, since EARN people finish by getting it
from  US servers.  My idea  was to  avoid Joe  users requesting  the file  for
nothing, since  they won't  be able  to install  it --  unfortunately, BITEARN
NODES (or BITNET NAMES or what you prefer) does not adequately reflect who are
the sysprogs at each site. I've temporarily changed the GET codes to ALL.

Now the philosofical point  of view: if every time we want  to offer a package
that's  NOT designed  for general  users  we must  set it  to GET=ALL  because
BITEARN NODES  is unaccurate,  GET=NAD has  no purpose. On  the other  side, I
think that if a  sysprog really needs a GET=NAD package  he can either request
his system contact to order it for  him or take the appropiate steps to become
declared in BITEARN NODES.

Have  I  missed something?  I'm  specially  interested in  other  postmaster's
opinions (specially those responsible for LISTSERVs offering REXXCOMP).

Jose Maria