Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:47:41 -0500
On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Margaret Ann King wrote:
> On Unix, I try to get the list owners to use the Web interface.
> That way they can change their header and I don't have to worry
> about what email program they have.  As far as I know, the VM
> version does not have the Web interface - it didn't when we
> moved to Unix anyway.  If it still doesn't, then getting to a
> system that has the Web interface may be the biggest benefit
> in moving your lists to Unix.  (This is coming from someone who
> always said she hated GUI front-ends, too!)

I agree. Getting your list owners to manage their lists via the Web
interface is the way to go. Once our long-time list owners start to manage
their lists via the Web, they always say they love it. I personally still
use email, but than again, I also have memorized all the options settings
I need to use in lists' headers and the other things I do. Most list
owners do not modify their lists often so its easier for them to
accomplish what they want through the structured design of the LSV Web
interface.