Shinn Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 May 2003 13:29:11 -0700
Dear Tech Support,

We are using ListServ for Solaris 1.8e.  Several of our users complaint
about the daily error/monitor report sent to them days after even the
error was correct.  Can I change the configuration file that it won't
report once the error was correct.  For example, a recipient's mail server
went down for three hours when ListServ tried to deliver a post to their
server but got bounced.  I could see the mail was successfully delivered
after 3 hours.  But the daily error/monitor report kept sending to the
owner of the list for 2 or 3 days.  I know:

Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery
errors
have been  reported for a  period of  4 days or  more, or when  100
delivery
errors have  been received,  whichever occurs  first. Monitoring  will
cease
after 5 days without any reported error.

Note: manually deleted subscribers may remain on the monitoring report
under
an alias address. Such entries will expire eventually; you do not need to
do anything about them.

but it didn't apply to the case I just describe?

Thanks for your help!

Shinn