Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:03:34 -0400
On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Roger Fajman wrote:

> Has anyone else encountered complaints from users about confirmation
> URLs not working that can't be explained by them expiring or having
> been done twice by the user?  The user is told that the confirmation
> number is not valid, but the command is, in fact, confirmed.  The
> LISTSERV log shows two confirmations, one right after the other.  The
> user gets only the error message from the second.  We can't reproduce
> the problem, but it seems to occur every several days.  I have actually
> seen it happen myself.  We are running LISTSERV 1.8d on Solaris 2.6.

Yes, we've seen the same thing here (1.8d on AIX), and our logs also
show two confirmations in quick succession: the first one takes and
the second gives the user the 'does not correspond to any
pending command' message.  Once I made it happen to me, but I'm not
sure how: thought maybe while navigating out of the confirm page I
inadvertently sent the request again.

--
***Jean Snow                                           [log in to unmask] ***
*** UCNS Server Systems/Postmaster/Listserv Admin                   ***