Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:01:40 -0400
The address [log in to unmask] is a LISTSERV alias. Your MTA
passes the message to LISTSERV, which distributes it to all non-quiet list
owners. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any way to prevent anyone,
anywhere from sending anything to that address. Unless you want to provide
spammers and other malicious mailers with a route to all your list owners'
mailboxes, you will disable this alias and find another way to reach your
list owners.

We maintain an announcement list for our list owners. The list is refreshed
as needed using a script which greps the "owner=" records from "listview"
output and submits a bulk add job to LISTSERV. I am willing to share the
script with anyone who is interested. We run LISTSERV 1.8d on Solaris 2.8.

--
Paul Russell
Senior System Administrator