Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Sep 1991 02:38:40 +0200
John, the last  time I checked, the  job of a postmaster  is (among other
things)  to answer  questions related  to the  mailer he  runs, and  that
includes gripes. If a system administrator  tells me my mailer is broken,
I will at least have a look at  his enclosed headers - even if he insults
me, because the problem exists regardless of whether he is polite or not,
and it is  part of my job  to fix such problems. In  addition, if someone
who speaks  understandable English and seems  to know what he  is talking
about tells me my mailer is broken,  I have no reason to doubt that there
indeed  is a  real problem  somewhere; it  may not  be MY  mailer nor  my
problem, but  that person deserves  a reply, at  least the first  time he
bothers me.  A postmaster  who processes incoming  mail with  the DISCARD
PFkey is simply not doing his job.

  Eric