Gordon Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 07:58:48 -0800
I have a proposal for a LISTSERV mailing list. I just need someone to host
it.

CATEGORY: Music

TITLE: Brenda Kahn Mailing List

Discussions relating to New York alternative singer Brenda Kahn. She has a
following of fans across the USA, in New York, the college campuses and on
college radio. She has three albums to her credit, and has another
scheduled for release in March 1997.

Shanachie Records describes her as follows:

Brenda Kahn is her own being, her own musician. She has her own voice, and
not merely a lilting or dramatic singing voice. She cultivates her own voice
and that means she has her own personality. You know a Brenda Kahn song
when you hear it. It is about individuality; it has something to say. The
melody stays with you and so does the message. You can wrap your synapses
around a Kahn song and just let it linger in your brain. You can let it out
and sing it and let that be that. But most of the time, because the songs
are laden with the mystery of the way we are now at the end of the century,
you can discuss her words with friends if you need to. And maybe, just maybe,
as with the best songs, they won't merely infiltrate your fantasies. They'll
provide an answer or two to some of the problems of your existence.

MY REQUEST: I am seeking a volunteer to host such a mailing list on their
server for free. The traffic is not expected to be huge so it will not
be a drain on your system resources. Hopefully, you're a Brenda Kahn fan, too.