"Michael C. Mitchell" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 08:37:04 -0700
PROPOSAL:

To provide for exchange of information, thoughts, requests of various
kinds between people engaged in Christian ministry to prisoners.

Specifically, volunteer "chaplains" and their organizations (such as
Prison Fellowship, Emmaus Correspondence School, etc.) and their
organizational staff people, could engage in sharing information.
Information would be perhaps on different approaches to prisons or
jails, particular prisoners' problems that require resources not
immediately available to that contacting chaplain's organization (but
perhaps another may have), contact of a relative(s) in a distant part of
the country, etc.

Recidivism rates are much lower among those taking advantage of counsel
and Bible studies that these men and women take into the jails and
prisons of this country.  The goal of prison ministry is to glorify
Jesus Christ by showing how the church and the Spirit of God can act to
help the released prisoner, or the one still in jail, to change their
lives.

Would greatly appreciate your reply to my email address, in that I am
not a regular contributor to this LSTSRV-L.  Thanks for considering
sponsoring this list, and hope you don't mind the clear statement that
this would be a Christian ministry list.

Wouldn't want you to be surprised later down the road!