John Worrell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 08:59:11 -0400
I am the Listserv Administrator at Va Tech, several of the owners of
listserv's have been getting the following messages.

Err First Last  Address
>--- ----- ----- -------
>                Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.1

>                Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.1

>                Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.1

RFC1893 states the following about a 5.1.1

5.X.X   Permanent Failure

       A permanent failure is one which is not likely to be resolved by
       resending the message in the current form.  Some change to the
       message or the destination must be made for successful delivery.

X.1.1   Bad destination mailbox address

          The mailbox specified in the address does not exist.  For
          Internet mail names, this means the address portion to the
          left of the "@" sign is invalid.  This code is only useful
          for permanent failures.

I understand that there may be a typo of the address portion to the left
of the "@" sign, but everything that the owners send me I can't see
anything wrong.  Everything has
Last error, Unavailable, no bad id is listed.

Any help would be appreciate,

john worrell
Va Tech AIS-USD