Paul Franco <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:01:22 -0400
> > Listserv typically does not allow posting of empty body
> > messages to a Listserv list.
> >
> > Can this be overridden with some configuration setting?
> >
> > Or, is this a hard fact?
>
> Umm.. Why?
>
> Is there a *benefit* to distributing null messages?  I could see some
> application where you use a Listserv list to send information to automated
> clients that get everything they need from the From: Date: and Subject:
> fields - but why couldn't you just add a "Please ignore this line" to the
> mail to keep Listserv happy?

We are utilizing Listserv to manage and control our internal corporate
email.  This set up is opposite the typical Listserv setup.  Typically
with Listserv, you have a few lists with many subscribers.
With our setup, we have many lists with few subscribers.

Occasionally, people post email to their small groups with just a
short message (in the Subject: only).

It's not a big deal to put the restriction on them, such that they
need to put something in the body.

I was just wondering if there was a way to turn it off.

Paul Franco