Steve Middlebrook <C94882SM@WUVMD>
Fri, 3 Jun 88 09:34:50 CST
June Genis writes
>Another improvement, which I've suggested to Eric in the past but am
>not aware of his having implemented yet, is for some protection
>against retrieving too large a result.  I can't recall the details
>any more but on one occasion I did something wrong when attempting
>to subset the nodes file and got back the index records for every
>node in the net, a rather large file as you might imagine.

When I have requested output that was large (200 lines was the limit,
I think) from a remote listserv, I was given a polite message telling
me to use SENDBACK to have the output sent as a file.  All you do is
preface the command with SENDBACK and it goes out as a file rather than
as messages.  I don't believe the limit is enforced if you and LISTSERV
are on the same node.

Steve Middlebrook