Jeff Dorn <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:48:21 -0500
Josh,

You may have been referring to some posts that I made, as I ran into the
same problem a while back. It ended up being a problem with the IDS
software running on the box--this was actually my first instinct when I saw
the problem, but of course the cheif of security here swore up and down
that it had nothing to do with it. It did. It was blocking port 2306. Or
rather, it was not explicitly allowing traffic on port 2306. So, if you
have any kind of intrusion detection running, look into it. Hope that helps
in some way.

Jeff