Zvika Bar-Deroma <AER7101@TECHNION>
Mon, 13 Feb 89 06:08:13 IST
>Some notes about the LISTSERV/LISTEARN split:
>
>  And  as an  EARN postmaster,  I  would hate  to  see LISTSERV  split in  two
>  separate backbones (for  technical reasons), as much as I  would hate to see
>  LISTSERV (or LISTEARN) supported by someone different from Eric.
As EARN user (and local-LISTSERV-mini-guru, meaning that LOCALLY I'm
considered as a person who knows about the issue) I must agree with you.
I can't believe any one else could get anywhere near Eric's understanding
and knowledge of LISTSERV, and I'm afraid no one would give the same
support (or anything near it); I think the response time of the person
in charge of LISTEARN support would look more like APAR to PUT time or
even worse.