"Herman J. Woltring" <ELERCAMA@HEITUE5>
Thu, 22 Feb 90 09:05:00 N
The following question was received today from one of the subscribers to
[log in to unmask]  I would appreciate a reply on LSTSRV-L or directly
to myself at [log in to unmask]

   One of my doctoral students recently signed up for BIOMCH-L using ASUACVAX
   as the node as I do.  Since that time, all the mail from BIOMCH-L comes with
   both our names on it.  We both receive everything in our separate boxes, yet
   it is annoying to see both our names.  Is there a way to keep our names sepa-
   rate?  More students in the future will be added, and it complicates the mes-
   sages to see all the names.

I understand that LISTSERV attempts to reduce network loading by sending single
items for, I believe, up to five addressees per site ID.  If a subscriber has
opted for CONCEALing him/herself, this intention might be compromised by the
above, multiple addressing approach, and a similar problem occurs if mail to a
concealed subscriber bounces for some reason.

Thanks in advance,

Herman J. Woltring <[log in to unmask]>; List moderator,
Biomechanics & Movement Science Listserver <[log in to unmask]>