Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 21:27:35 EDT
On Fri, 16 Jun 1995 11:58:52 CDT Marty Hoag said:
>   The new List Owner's Manual for 1.8b is a great addition!  I got one of
>the formatted versions (owner.ps) and printed it then had it duplexed to
>give to good list owners as a reward (or bad list owners as a suggestion!).
>
>   There are a couple suggestions though and I wasn't sure where to send them
>so I thought I'd send them here for other comments or solutions.
>
>1.  Where should we send suggestions?  It would be really nice to have feedback
>    info and encouragement on the copyright page or maybe the preface (ie.
>    land address, e-mail address, feed-back form, whatever).

You can send them directly to me, [log in to unmask]  Actually I seem to
recall writing something about [log in to unmask] somewhere...

>2.  The New-List keyword was supposedly added sometime in 1.8b (I think) but
>    I couldn't find it in the book.  Maybe it is intended for listserv
>    maintainers but for completeness it would be nice to have all the
>    keywords.  Then again, maybe I missed it.  I would like to find the
>    format of the entry but when I searched the archives I didn't see it
>    (I may have searched the wrong list or for the wrong keywords...).

No, you're right, it's missing.  Somewhere along the line it disappeared,
I don't know where.  There are also some little boo-boos here and there
that will be fixed asap.

>3.  Some of our lists use an obscure "semi-moderated" option on the Send
>    field that I didn't see in the description.

I'll look into that.

>4.  I'm sure it's a lot of work but an index would be nice too.  ;-)
>    (customers are just never satisfied, are they?)

Nope.  That's why we keep working to make it better...:)

>   Thanks for the good work on the manual!  I will certainly encourage my
>list owners to get a copy!  Keep up the good work.

Thank you Marty, for your kind words.

Nathan