Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 28 Jan 88 23:12:28 SET
Not to sure  about this latter, Harry. The problem  is, your average dumb
end-user will just  react this way: "Me  no see he reply,  me again try".
Then you have  several requests queued. That's what  happens with servers
that batch out  GET requests: you've got  to check the file  has not been
already  ordered. This  works  with GET  requests, but  it's  a bit  more
difficult when commands (possibly including  DDs and suchlike) have to be
distributed. I'm not saying it's not a good idea, but we have to consider
the implications carefully. Well it all  depends what the command will be
used for: if it's to kick off  a list of 200 trashed accounts, there's no
problem waiting for it to happen  overnight. If you're trying to locate a
list when you don't know its nodeid... Maybe a DELAY=YES|NO keyword could
do it, but then you can trust everybody to use DELAY=NO :-)

  Eric