Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:32:24 -0500
>Hi Support,
>I'm new to Listserv and just completed the final stage of the installation
>process. I have created already few Lists accessible through the Web and
>email by Listowner and subscribers only. I have couple of questions
>(inquires) I would like to get help on:

Writing to LSTSRV-L is fine and even kind of nice as other
subscribers to the mailing list will get to see the answers to your
question, but the actual support address is [log in to unmask]
(assuming that you've paid for support, which some sites do not).

>1)      When I installed the Listserv program (Windows NT Intel) an e-mail
>address was requested for Postmaster. This should have been associated to a
>real person e-mail address.
>How is this really translated by Listserv? I have tried to include a link
>(for example Any Comment, please email: [log in to unmask]) which should in
>turns send it to the associated "real person's e-mail address" BUT this is
>not happening, why?

You should just put in an email address or list of email addresses.
Comments are not allowed and I'm not sure what you expected to
accomplish with them anyway.

Email addresses listed in POSTMASTER are automatically managers for
all mailing lists and can do things like create mailing lists.  They
also generally receive mail sent to LISTSERV-request@[site].

>2)      I realize that Listserv creates a bunch of SMTPs logs (coming from
>SMTPL), is there any way to automate the cleaning process (purging) of all
>of these logs. Is there's a command or option that could be set on the
>SITE.CFG file or scripts that could be trigged for this function?
>Please instruct me on how to make this work (I'm not too familiar with any
>programming code), thanks.

This is not a built-in LISTSERV function, so you'd need to set up an
external process to do this.

>3)      Does Listserv provide a check function for the size of the Monthly
>archive? In other word can it be restricted to a fix size and instruct
>Listserv once it reaches the limit size to purge older archived messages.

No.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc