Siegfried Schmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:58:38 +0200
Recently, I have been told that Mr. John C Klensin is currently trying to push
RFC 2821 forward on the 'standards track'. Since SMTP is important
for our work as list owners (and 'listmasters'), I think we should try to support
Mr. Klensin's efforts. RFC 2821 and 2822 have stayed on the 'proposed standard'
maturity level for four years now and it is time for a change. Please take a look at

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-00.txt

and

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-rfc2821-security-00.txt

and send your comments to Mr. Klensin <[log in to unmask]>.

Kind regards,

Siegfried

PS: The current 'Official Internet Protocol Standards' can be found at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcxx00.html