Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:31:00 -0500
On 2/18/2005 11:15 AM, Bill Verity wrote:
> I've got a 2,000 job backlog right now.  It will clear eventually, but
> is there any way to bump several specific jobs to get them out right away?

We run LISTSERV on Solaris. From time to time, we find ourselves in a similar
situation, with a large of "overhead" jobs in the inbound queue, causing delays
in the processing of more important "stuff". In most cases, the backlog consists
of jobs of a similar nature that can be easily identified by using jobview to
search for 'X-SPAM', 'X-SUPD', or whatever. I addressed the issue by writing a
script that uses jobview to find all jobs in listserv/spool that contain a
specified string, and move those jobs out of listserv/spool. I am willing to
share, as long as you promise not to laugh and point, at least not in my
presence.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator