Marc Shannon <MS5U@CMUCCVMA>
Wed, 28 JAN 87 09:16:57 EST
When LISTSERV goes (or is put, rather) OFFLINE, it sends mail to all the
senders of the mail it has left to process.  That's nice...I can deal with
that much...

In trying to avoid crashing our link to WVNVM, I've been putting it ONLINE
for a little bit, letting a couple things get processed, then putting it
OFFLINE again.  Putting it OFFLINE causes the above mail to be resent.

Can LISTSERV, when placed ONLINE, change it's RDR files to NOHOLD as it's
processing them, thereby leaving the others on HOLD so if it goes OFFLINE
again, it won't send the mail again?  Or am I wishing for too much today and
I should go back to bed?

--Marc