"Richard A. Schafer" <SCHAFER@RICE>
Fri, 24 Jul 87 17:35:04 CDT
I have discovered what I believe is a bug in DISTRIBUTE, at least at
the 1.5j level.

1. I create a DIST MAIL job, and mail it to LISTSERV at TAMVM1.
   (For completeness sake, there is one node between TAMVM1 and RICE,
   and it does not run LISTSERV.  TAMVM1 is at the 1.5j level, RICE at
   the 1.5k level.)  The job contains a To list which sends the mail
   file to some users at GWUVM.

2. LISTSERV at TAMVM1 receives the file, and sends me messages saying it
   has distributed the mail to the UHUPVM1 users, and is sending my
   LISTSERV the file for redistribution.  (We are between TAMVM1 and
   GWUVM, so this makes sense.)  The UHUPVM1 users receive their copies.

3. LISTSERV at RICE forwards me the file sent from TAMVM1, saying that
   "Another LISTSERV sent a mailfile to the LISTSERV reader."

Now if I take the original DIST MAIL job and SENDFILE it to LISTSERV at
TAMVM1, the distribution works.

Any ideas?  I've enclosed the relevant files below.

Richard

-----------------------Original DIST MAIL job----------------------------
//V22.5y JOB Echo=No
DISTRIBUTE MAIL   ACK=MSG
//TO DD *
schafer@rice
pww@gwuvm
epsy11@uhupvm1
mn933c@gwuvm
epsynet@uhupvm1
/*
//DATA DD *,EOF,RES=DISK
Test mailing - please discard - thanks, Bob Morecock
-------------------------------Mail file as sent to LISTSERV at TAMVM1---------
Test mailing - please discard - thanks, Bob Morecock
-------------------------------File as redistributed to LISTSERV at RICE-------
//V22.5y JOB Echo=No,Reply-to="SCHAFER@RICE"
DIST MAIL FROM=SCHAFER@RICE ACK=MSG
//To DD *