Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:46:01 -0400
Though I'm not saying it isn't a "nice" feature for some, *personally* I
haven't found it to be an issue, either as a subscriber or list-owner on
lists at multiple institution and organizations.

For those instances where it would be "nice," multiple subscriptions
(perhaps SET NOMAIL) or list-owners has worked nicely for *me*.

/Pete

At 15:24 07/30/2002 Tuesday, Mark Berman wrote:
 >Thanks for the info. I'm CCing support on this to add my strong
 >encouragement for the incorporation of this feature into the next
 >release! As I said in my original posting, the CREN listproc software has
 >had that feature for many years. I was surprised to find it didn't exist
 >in Listserv.
 >
 >Cheers,
 >
 > - Mark
 >--
 >Mark Berman, Director for Networks & Systems
 >Williams College, OIT, Jesup Hall
 >Williamstown, MA. 01267          413-597-2092
 >
 >
 >On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Paul Russell wrote:
 >
 >> This feature is not currently supported by LISTSERV, however, it was the
 >> subject of a recent enhancement request. A copy of that request was
 >> posted to this list and can be found in the list archives.
 >>
 >> http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0207&L=lstsrv-l&P=2029
 >>
 >> --
 >> Paul Russell
 >> Senior System Administrator
 >> O&E Messaging Services Team
 >> University of Notre Dame
 >>
 >>
 >> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Mark Berman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 >> > In Listproc I could make an entry in the
 >> >list's alias file mapping [log in to unmask] to
 >> >[log in to unmask] and be able to send messages and commands from
 >> >both locations.
 >> >
 >> >Is ther any way to do this in Listserv?

End Reply