"Von W. Rix" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 23:55:00 PST
We are running Listserv 1.8b for WinNT using the newest build (our server
is [log in to unmask]) and are wanting to use the
file capabilities of listserv.  I have created the site.catalog file in
the main directory containing an index for a test file.  Using the PC
format it looks like this (without the -----):

 ------------
TEST.TXT test.txt.C:\LISTSERV\FILES\PBPK-L  [log in to unmask]
 ------------

I then sent our listserv the following message (where xxx is the
password):

 ------------
put test.txt pw=xxxxxx

This is a test of the PBPK-L file services through listserv.  An index
must be created first called site.catalog.  Then the file must be placed
using the put command.
 ------------

I then received the following reply:

 ----------
From:  L-Soft list server at LISTSERV.NAVY.AL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
(1.8b)[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:  Wednesday, January 31, 1996 11:27 PM
To:  Von Rix
Subject:  Command: PUT TEST.TXT

Invalid password supplied. Acceptable  passwords are: your personal
password
(obtained through  the "PW  ADD" command) and  the system  file
modification
password ("storepw"). If you have forgotten your password, send a "PW
RESET"
command to  reset it or, if  this fails, contact the  LISTSERV
administrator
([log in to unmask]) for assistance.

I am using MS Exchange but have turned off the MIME settings.  The
password is correct.
Any suggestions?

TIA,

Von W. Rix