"Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:49:40 -0400
These fixes are all for F-Secure version 8.  Are we able to use version 8 with Listserv?  If so, which Listserv versions can use it, and where do we get it?

Thanks.

Melissa Kenny

IIS Administrator
Harvard Medical School IT
107 Avenue Louis Pasteur
Center for Educational Technology
Boston, MA 02115
(617) 432-4296 (desk)

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nathan Brindle
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 9:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LSTSRV-L] F-Secure Hotfixes (Windows)

We have just been informed that there is a new hotfix available for F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers 8.00 and for F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations 8.00.

F-Secure says:

>This hotfix solves the following issues:
>    * the automatic scanning platform updates are not applied in certain circumstances
>    * general improvements of the scanning platform for better detection capability
>We strongly suggest that you install this hotfix.
>
>Restart is not required after installing this hotfix.

For Servers, see http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA/support/business/hotfixes/anti-virus-for-windows-servers/800-hotfix3.html

For Workstations, see http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA/support/business/hotfixes/anti-virus-for-workstations/800-hotfix1.html

In either case you should download and apply the "fsfix" version of the hotfix.  According to F-Secure there is no reboot required.

Nathan