"Sathaye, Shashi" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Sep 1993 10:54:58 EDT
I think the trend seems that people prefer [log in to unmask] addresses as their mailing
address - e.g. [log in to unmask] is a valid address to send mail to - but when
the listserv receives mail, it is going to get the [log in to unmask]
address on From line. I was assuming that this is the address listserv was
using when it got subscripption request.
Is it possible to include in the canned confirmation request to tell the user
that the user is being subscribed as [log in to unmask] and to send the mail
for confirmation from exactly same machine?
If user sent full name as John Doe but his From address shows him as
John P. Doe will that matter? (Is is being used for checking the confirmation?)