Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:46:00 -0400
Michael Shannon wrote:

> Apart from installing this recent build kit, before you even start the
> service you need to browse to the LSMTP directory and delete the
> CTL3D32.DLL file (if it's there).  Leaving it in place will prevent LSMTP
> from starting up properly.  (This is another Easter Egg courtesy of SP1.)

Already ran into that one.  I have a working demo of Maestro running on the new server (letting folks shake it down safely without trying to graft it onto our working Listserv/LSMTP).

I'll have to overlay the Maestro demo with production Listserv/LSMTP, but looks like I can retain the Java/Tomcat and application files to try to splice in later (or give up and move the demo to another server).

Thanks for the great overview Ben.  A 1.8d kit can go on Win2K3?  How about just restoring the LISTSERV and LSMTP directories from the live server?

Jeff