Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 19:07:43 +0000
If the list is not otherwise moderated (i.e. Send !== Editor), you can still force individual subscribers into moderation by using the "QUIET SET listname REVIEW FOR userid@host" command (or set them to REVIEW using the web interface).  You should probably set up at least one person in Editor= to handle the moderation duties if you go that route, otherwise I think the default is to send to the first listed non-quiet Owner.

(Yeah, I'm getting older, I forget things :) )

Nathan

-----Original Message-----

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Valdis Kletnieks

Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:56 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Message Authorization

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:10:35 +0000, "Eckard, Steve - eckardsl" said:

> When used in conjunction with Send=Editor option, the message should go to

> the “first” person listed as editor.

That applies to all messages.  I'm pretty sure that Elliott wanted a

solution for the "Fred is a loose cannon and we want somebody else to

check it before it goes public" problem.  Having said that, I'm not sure

how to apply it to *one* address.  You might be able to fake it by having

Fred post to a *different* list that has Send=Editor, and then have that

list have as the only subscriber the target list - but that may require

Fred's cooperation.

I've had to do things like that where "Fred" is actually an automated process

that occasionally misfires.  Fortunately, in that case, "Fred" is usually

cooperative, and their feelings aren't hurt by the implication they're not

trustworthy :)

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]

or click the following link: