Jeffrey R Kell <JEFF@UTCVM>
Tue, 03 Feb 87 14:08:17 EST
The 'eight million record file' was actually the record count in the tag
index being overlaid with blanks; I saw one of those files some time ago
and questioned some people there about it (to get that answer).  I too
have questioned that link for quite some time now... its just not 'right'
for some reason.  If you do a chained query (I have a 'TNODE EXEC' which
does a 'CMD node Q linkname F' in succession along a path) through there,
OHSTVMA replies slowly, while any queries BEYOND it take forever.  I can
do a 'CPQ USER' at OHSTVMA and get a response in a few seconds; but the
same command to PSUVM (or anything beyond) takes anywhere from 5 seconds
to just disappearing into the bit bucket.  Something just isn't "right".