Wed, 25 May 2011 12:13:03 -0400
Do you have access to the web administration interface on your list host
site?  The online help is pretty extensive.  Your host site
administrator also should be ready to assist you with this kind of request.

But what I think you're after would be achieved with the SEND keyword
being set this way: Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm

And you will need to specify the EDITOR keyword with at least one value.

Then also provide the MODERATOR keyword, with the email addresses of
those who will be doing the moderating, something like this:
  Moderator= All,[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]

where Joe and Jill are the folks who will be deciding whether or not a
particular message shall be distributed to the list.  With the "All"
first parameter specified, every moderator listed will be shown every
message to consider.  If this parameter is absent the system will divide
the incoming messages among the moderators - so for everything to work
out nicely in this case you have to make sure that all the moderators
are always paying attention to their mailboxes.  Make sure your
designated moderators are aware of what will be going on, and also
ensure they understand how to operate the message approval procedure.

When you feel that the general list population is well-behaved enough to
let the list run without moderation, set the SEND keyword to something
like this: Send= Private

Once you establish the EDITOR and MODERATOR keyword values, you may
leave them alone when changing SEND back and forth.