Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Oct 1992 22:44:58 EST
On Fri, 16 Oct 1992 15:09:23 EDT Gerrit Bos said:
>This is probably another one of these simple problems. but it is
>baffling me.  The owner of a local list cannot post to the list.
>I've checked all things I could think of:  He is subscribed, not
>disabled, can send mail to other lists, but he always gets
>rejected when he tries to post to his own list.
>Here is one of the sample returned messages.  Am I in blindness
>overlooking something?

 The code that parses the list headers was changed in a recent release of
 LISTSERV (1.7d I believe).  One side effect is that unrecognized values
 for list variables produce different results.  That is, "Send= Owners" used
 do the same thing that "Send= Owner" did, by accident.  You've coded your
 list with "Send= Open" which is an unrecognized value.  The proper setting
 is "Send= Public".  I ran into a similar problem earlier this week with a
 secondary distribution list (it had "Send= Owners" so the posts were bounced).
 After the list owner changed it, everything worked just fine again.

 -jj

 PS - The short answer is, change the list header to "Send= Public". :)