Michael Gettes <CCMRG@BOSTONU>
Tue, 2 Feb 88 19:16:38 EST
Ok, I have added some more stuff to /WHOIS - I hope this is the last.
Wes Hubert (WES@UKANVM) sent me a mod to allow to search on full names
instead of just single names.

For example, /WHOIS John Doe would find John Q. Doe as well as John Doe.
Order is obviously important - so Doe John is not a match.

Some better checks have been put in to handle the signup file and
possible pending deletions.

Lastly, if more than 700 matches are found - it asks you to limit
your search. 700 - yes, absurd - I couldn't pick a number that
was reasonable - someone would scream no matter what I'd pick.
Maybe I'll change it to something like 647. Seems strange enough.
Anyhow - when more than 700 are found, it asks to have the
search restricted. Let me know if you have any complaints soon.

If there is no response to all this within a couple of weeks -
I will send a copy of all this to Eric so he can put it into
the LCOORD list for future LISTSERVites. (that is, if his offer
is still pending).

Thanks Wes...and all others for suggestions and complaints.

Enjoy!

            - Michael Gettes, Boston University

AFD distribution is going out soon. Spread the word for those who are not
AFD'd...thanks.