Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Thu, 27 Jul 89 11:38:19 GMT
- PASTEUR is  a Data General machine  running AOS/VS and using  the ASCII
  character set.  It doesn't know  how to spell  'Net Data', but  it took
  less than 30 minutes  to add a smallish C program  to that HAMLET thing
  to scan the Netdata header for  the 'destination userid' field. Then we
  pulled one of  these programs that decode Netdata  text files, skipping
  all the  header stuff it doesn't  understand, or maybe we  wrote one of
  our own, I can't remember (actually 'we' means a friend of mine writing
  the code, and me having to send test files every 15 minutes :-) ).

- The default  LISTSERV chooses should  be compatible with what  is being
  done now.  Having the NAD  select a default for  his node is  not easy,
  given the  fact that we're  talking about  N servers; think  about what
  happens to  a new server that  just got installed and  has, somehow, to
  get from someone the accumulated info about all the chosen defaults for
  all the nodes. It's a lot of work, and prone to break.

Eric