Frank Elsner <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Jun 1991 08:52:32 TZONE
> I  am  tired of  people  who  ask  a question  on  a  list, and  set  the
> 'Reply-To:'  to point  to  just  themselves, so  that  if  you don't  pay
> attention you  get the impression  you have  answered but the  list never
> gets to see your message. Anyway I don't  keep a copy of what I write, so
> if you want  to know what I  answered just ask Fransk Elsner  for a copy.
> For your convenience, I have set  the 'Reply-To:' of this very message to
> point to him - given the high  aesthetic value of his e-mail address, I'm
> sure many of you will appreciate it.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible to overcome this problem
   by setting the list definition to simply ignore "Reply-To:" and set it
   to the lists`s address ?

2. I didn't keep a copy of what Eric wrote. I think all of you can imagine
   the significance when you re-read the cited text above. Obviously he has
   nothing better to do than to give attributes to e-mail addresses, for
   which the user is absolutely not responsible (I refuse to discuss the
   beauty of "searn.sunet.se").

3. Is it really good netiquette to set someones address into the "Reply-To:"
   without prior informing him ?

>   Eric

Frank