Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:48:17 -0400
On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Ben Parker wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:26:07 -0400, Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> I suggest reference to the LISTSERV log file.  It is entirely possible for
> delayed error bounces to continue to be received after the deletion (you know
> the "we tried for 4 days and gave up..." sort) in which case such a change in
> the DMR reports what in fact happened, which is not an error or anomally.

My first thought at your reply is, "I know that" and I also know that I am
meticulous about examining log files.  Maybe Ben is suggesting that the
error message itself was queued?  Couldn't be, as this is an announce only
*monthly* newsletter, so the error would have to be queued for a month.
I verified in the log that the subscriber (who is also the list owner) was
not on the list when the June newsletter went out.  So, I went back to the
log files and saw one little detail, the e-mail address was removed, but
the owner used the "Change" command and the log said "one notification
sent", nothing more. This is the only possible explanation for the "User
Unknown" error in the DEMR, though I don't recall these being included
previously.  At any rate, my lesson in humility...re check the logs. ;-)
Thanks, Ben.

--Trish