Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:42:45 -0400
> A list with 300 M of
> archives weekly split LISTSERV has employed 60mi. Its normal?

It doesn't sound normal unless your system starts paging due to higher
memory utilization.

> When the reindexing and creation of *.DBRINDEX takes place?

Whenever a search is first made for the list.

> Could I force reindexing of archives ??

Yes, just do a search.

> At the end of each  reindexing process apper a values that I never
> undestood:
>
> Load_index: V=440 T=530 size=26624k

This is used for troubleshooting and performance optimization. The V and T
figures tell you how many milliseconds of CPU time were spent loading the
reverse index. Reverse indexes are kept loaded in memory up to
DBRINDEX_CACHE kilobytes (default: 32768).

  Eric