"John W. Luther" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:43:54 -0600
At 02:07 PM 1/2/02 -0600, you wrote:

>At 15:00 01/02/2002 Wednesday, John W. Luther wrote:
> >I need to change all of our lists to the "fullhdr" option.  I've seen a
> >command "set <listname> <option> for *@*" that will set an option for all
> >subscribers to a list.  Can such a command be issued with a wildcard for
> >the listname, too?
>
>For how long?  Since this is a subscriber settable option, and if the
>subscriber does have a real preference/need, you'll be stepping on each
>others' toes.
>
>I know that individual subscribers can set their own options across lists e.g.,
>
>SET *  REPRO
>
>I suspect that a listserv-maintainer can do likewise (with the FOR
>operand and password).
>
>/Pete

There will probably be the odd toe being stepped on, but we've been having some issues [too complicated a story to relate here] and one thing we determined is that it is best for the FULLHDR option to be set across the board.  Part of this is also upgrading the syntax from FULLBSMTP.  We manage the creation of all lists and have had that as a default setting anyway for a very long time.  Few of the subscribers to our lists mess with the options, anyway.

John

--
John W. Luther
Systems Administrator

Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.