"Patrick B. O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:54:54 -0800
Okay okay big mistake, I'm using sendmail 8.x.

Any thoughts on my sendmail domain name upper case issue?

TIA.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Silencer
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 4:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Sendmail, mail it all in lower case, how? Never herd of
sendmail 9 or X.

One would hope they knew exactly what they were doing. On my MUD imms
MOTD
there is a short prayer "Holy god of coding. Please get us through this
day, our server uncrashed, our data files unscathed." And note this is
on
the release server which is distributed, not just the test server. So
far
we've had a total of 8 crashes over a period of over 6 months of work,
and
no files scrambled, but the threat looms with any developing code.

Alphas are for coders, betas for bug testers, gamma is for the end user.

Simply because Murphy's law is very much a programmers catch phrase
during
testing.

At 07:35 AM 11/01/2005, you wrote:
>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:02:21 EST, "Hiler, John" said:
> >  So you are running production mail with alpha/beata sendmail?
>
>The people who run production mail with alpha (or even preAlpha ;)
copies of